Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

After careful reflection on this past weekend, I've realized a few things about myself:

1. I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with all things Kardashian
2. I thoroughly enjoy being spoiled 
3. I am seriously out of the Gossip Girl loop
4. There's a good chance I may never be "mommy-material"  
5. I was likely Betty Crocker in a past life

That said, it's now time for this girl to head back to reality...and a new one at that.  A reality that will involve a new roommate.  Yep, to the dismay of Republicans everywhere...I'm becoming the girl with the [gasp] live-in boyfriend.  Granted, the biggest adjustments will be the drastic reduction of closet space and slight lack of square footage.  Relationships are supposed to be about compromise, right?  However, this is a big adjustment for me personally, and one that I swore I would never make again.  So much for my overly dramatic proclamations (I take after my father).  I'd like to believe that I'm ready for this, but I know there's a very good chance I'm not.  Yet, for some reason, I'm okay with that.  I'm okay with taking things one day at a time.  For once, I'm not looking ahead and wondering what the future holds because deep down, I know that it's going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment