Saturday, May 28, 2011

I .heart. New York


I've been doing A LOT of daydreaming lately...
About stoops







Tree-lined streets

Claw Foot Tubs




Fire Escapes

And this.
It's hard to believe this place was once my home. It almost feels like it was another lifetime.  Every once in a while I start feeling a bit nostalgic and I miss it dearly.  Besides the city itself, I miss the people and the relationships I formed that were so completely unexpected and wonderful.  Something about this place is enchanting, and I so long to go back.

Someday.

3 comments:

  1. it absolutely feels like it was another lifetime. another lifetime that you will forever be a part of. this post brought tears to my eyes. miss you, miss that city. hope you are well, my ny bf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I feel about fire escapes. Love them... and YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany: Just reading your comment made me cry! I miss you so much and have the best memories of our time together. I'll never ever forget our walk on the Brooklyn promenade on my last night as a New Yorker...so bittersweet.

    Julie: I definitely thought of you when I posted the fire escape picture! I remember it being our mission to find the coolest one in the city and dream about all of the wonderful things we would do if we had one :)

    ReplyDelete